So!
I bet you are all wondering how it’s been going. Well, things are tight that’s all I can say right now. For the last week, I have been having such dozes of TLC that you can’t imagine. I even went to the beach to watch the sunset on Saturday… like the one at Tumwi’s and Iwaya’s.
Anyhow I am still scared but I think what I’m really scared of is falling for someone only to be let down later. For some reason, the thought that at one point reality has to set in and all emotion fade away is at the back of my mind. It’s pretty weird that I was with someone for almost 6years and even then he wasn’t sure that he wanted to get married and then this comes along.
Eh! life is weird for real. Anyhow this baby is not rushing into anything so you can all take deep breaths and relax until an update on this particular topic in 3months or should I first give it one month, which is when I will decide to date or not to date. Oh and also, it’s so weird to think of myself hooked after being single for ages or like I stated some time back, kinda single whatever that means.
Basically the independence, the excitement, the sleazy rendevous, you name it. You are contented to be your own woman. Then suddenly you are thinking in twos and postponing your programmes to make way for another’s and more scary is the compromise. Eh! for me I want to be selfish not be thinking of someone.
The addiction, desire to be with someone. Oh how I hate to imagine feeling like a drug addict craving a fix. And the tears when he hurt you or you have an argument. Cuddling your pillow as your mind runs through his broken promises.
Then the jealousy when another woman gives him attention. God forbid you read his text messages or go through his phone book.
Ok, the pessimist in me is taking control of this post… I can’t help it although I promised my gals that I could be open to opportunities, so here I am open. Can’t this gal think of the brighter picture?
Sun rise, sun sets, dancing in the rain, gazing at the stars, whatever, bring it on.
Anyhow I am still scared but I think what I’m really scared of is falling for someone only to be let down later. For some reason, the thought that at one point reality has to set in and all emotion fade away is at the back of my mind. It’s pretty weird that I was with someone for almost 6years and even then he wasn’t sure that he wanted to get married and then this comes along.
Eh! life is weird for real. Anyhow this baby is not rushing into anything so you can all take deep breaths and relax until an update on this particular topic in 3months or should I first give it one month, which is when I will decide to date or not to date. Oh and also, it’s so weird to think of myself hooked after being single for ages or like I stated some time back, kinda single whatever that means.
Basically the independence, the excitement, the sleazy rendevous, you name it. You are contented to be your own woman. Then suddenly you are thinking in twos and postponing your programmes to make way for another’s and more scary is the compromise. Eh! for me I want to be selfish not be thinking of someone.
The addiction, desire to be with someone. Oh how I hate to imagine feeling like a drug addict craving a fix. And the tears when he hurt you or you have an argument. Cuddling your pillow as your mind runs through his broken promises.
Then the jealousy when another woman gives him attention. God forbid you read his text messages or go through his phone book.
Ok, the pessimist in me is taking control of this post… I can’t help it although I promised my gals that I could be open to opportunities, so here I am open. Can’t this gal think of the brighter picture?
Sun rise, sun sets, dancing in the rain, gazing at the stars, whatever, bring it on.
Labels: Just me

9 Comments:
At 5/07/2008 4:43 am ,
Denda said...
sokies, people!
At 5/07/2008 4:53 am ,
Denda said...
Slow down baby. You are a sexy, clever, hardworking and full of charm a babe that the dude that will finally take you home will forget all about other women. You act and your lips look like they can whip up a little tune...what else would a man want? Slow down and continue to think of the golden dawn dew and piano in the dark. I'll attend your wedding and give you a special gift because I admire you and have always been your secret great friend.
At 5/07/2008 7:03 am ,
Mr. B2B said...
Madam.
Just relax like me!
And enjoi the whole ride!
All of it!
Denda has some strong points!
At 5/07/2008 7:25 am ,
Samali Mudamuli Ntikita Ntikita said...
I'd say follow your heart, Duksey.
At 5/07/2008 7:34 am ,
Tandra said...
enjoy eeeeeeeeeevery moment...
At 5/07/2008 9:39 pm ,
The 27th Comrade said...
Oh, let yourself fall. It's the beauty in it. In fact, if you do get some disappointment along the way, those will be the things you look back and smile a big Duksey-style smile.
I know that edition of thoughts and plans and stuff, but hey. :o)
At 5/08/2008 3:22 am ,
Cheri said...
6 years???!! Wow, outside of marriage, u're my hero.
But don't get scared of falling, it limits the fun u shd be having. Let yourself go. give 98% and save the 2%for yourself.
He took u to watch the sunset? Lemme direct my booboo here so he can pick pointers.
-Miss Cheri
At 5/12/2008 1:55 am ,
the antipop said...
you will find duksey, that some of or even all of life's greatest pleasures were a result of taking risks. take that leap of faith and go with it. it is better than always wondering "what if"
At 5/20/2008 6:25 am ,
leos child said...
evey one just took the rest outta mi mouth,.love my dear is the other food of the soul.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home