Duksey's blog

Friday, November 10, 2006

My Acting stint

This week simply brings back memories of rehearsal for a play I recently acted in with Kampala Amateur Dramatics Society a voluntary drama organization/club. First the scary auditions that I had all my friends cross their fingers for. Then the anticipation of a feedback from the director Paul Rippey.The call finally came but for yet another audition. This time thought I felt more confident the thought of not getting the part freaked me out. I can never forget the feeling when the director smiled at me and said. ‘You got it wow!’
Excited as I was, the 72 page script was a total turn off, I felt like shying a way from my role but the wanna be actress in me kept pinching me forward.
And the rehearsals began with scripts then the nightmare of going with out scripts until finally the lines were at our fingertips.
It was so much fun, I recall looking forward to each rehearsal because of the amazing cast and cute too. Adrian Stone, James Turner, Annika Schabbauer, Arfaan Kassim, John Mary Mukiza, Dennis Matanda and Simon Peterson.
Performance nights were simply too marvelous and hilarious. Back stage drama was quite a to do as we joked, teased and stayed in character. I have never used so much make up in my life. I could pass for a beauty queen or even more scary with red lipstick a **** you can guess what.
Anyhow I hope to continue acting especially for leisure or is it pleasure.
Check out a review of the play.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home